Monday, February 23, 2009

Been a while...

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted. I never really realized how much time it would take for studying and preparing for class. It's been really busy but should start slowing down a bit for the amount of studying as we are going to run out of info to read and study.
So, this week is our practical exam. I did my practical today and take my written exam tomorrow. I did pretty well on the practical...I think I scored well. We all have to make a salad with a vinaigrette, a carrot soup, a airline chicken breast with pureed potatoes and zucchini, and a pate brisee. It all went pretty well for me with a few hitches. I think the best thing about it is I learned what I can do better next time. The timing is really difficult to plan out properly. With 3 hours to cook, it seemed to take quite a while. But the killer is the last 15 minutes. That zips by and left me wanting more time. I am really looking forward to the next practical.
But first I have to do well on the written tomorrow so it's off to bed (already studied a ton today).

No comments:

Post a Comment