Monday, March 16, 2009

Week in Italy


This week we are camping out in Italy...figuratively speaking, of course. We're cooking nothing but Italian courses...sides, antipasti's, mains, dolce's, everything Italian! Yeah! LOVE Italian food. I was in Italy several years ago with my family and we had such a blast...pretty much ate our way thru the country.
I made tortellini today with a ricotta cheese, Parmesan, and a chiffonade of basil...lots of basil!
I don't know what I'll be making the rest of the week, only that it's Italian.
We're also down to about 5 weeks before we head out to Avignon, France. Sam & I are pretty excited about it...but dreading it at the same time...gonna miss my wife and son. And my son is really making a big sacrifice for this trip...he graduates in May...I'm so sad I'm missing it...I just hope a lot of friends from church are able to be there to encourage him. He's gonna need it.
Looks like Sam & I have our first official gig for our business...a pre-wedding dinner on July 11th...a ways off but that's okay...it'll work.
Chef Deb is also getting her place set up for a teen cooking school and she asked Sam & I to teach at the school...pretty excited there as well. This will give us a lot of opportunity to network and build our Private chef/catering business.
Movin' right along...

No comments:

Post a Comment